100% success for La Vougeraie at this prestigious British competition which each year brings together some 13,000 samples from around the world. Of the 10 wines we submitted, seven won gold medals, two took home a silver medal and one was awarded bronze.
- Vougeot Premier Cru Le Clos Blanc de Vougeot 2009 Monopole
- Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru Les Mazoyères 2010
- Clos-Vougeot Grand Cru 2010
- Bonnes Mares Grand Cru 2010
- Corton Clos du Roi Grand Cru 2010
- Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru 2010
- Nuits-Saint-Georges Premier Cru Les Damodes 2010
On top of this, our Charmes-Chambertin Les Mazoyères scooped the Trophy – the gold medal among the gold medal winners – for the Best Burgundy Red Wine and for the World’s Best Pinot Noir. We have previously won this distinction for the Clos Vougeot 2006 and for the Bonnes Mares 2008, allowing them to also win the crown for Best Organic Wine.
In September, this top accolade will be announced at the prize-giving ceremony, perhaps the occasion for the Domaine to pull off a grand slam of awards.