VintagesVougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2016
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2015
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2014
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2013
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2012
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2011
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2010
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2009
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2008
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2007
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2006
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2005
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2004
Vougeot Le Clos du Prieuré Red 2003
Surface: 1,0019 ha
Geographical situation: enclosure with high walls, ripening early, alongside a stream (La Vouge).
Plantings: 1901/1902 1953/1954 1967/1968 1973/1974 1977/1978 1982/1983
Though Vougeot is best known for the highly reputed Clos de Vougeot, covering almost 51 hectares, the Premier Cru and Village appellations in the remaining 16.5 hectares should not be forgotten. Connoisseurs yearn for this wine, sitting at the night hand of its lord, and sharing most of the qualities of the Grand Cru.
Grape variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Soil and subsoil: very calcareous, lots of rounded pebbles. Probable pure silt subsoil. GEST compost.
Planting density: 10 000 vines / ha
Yield: 19,46 hl / ha
Rootstock: 80 % of massal selection and 20 % of clones.
Pest management since 1992
Organic agriculture since 1997. Received official approval in 1999
Bio-dynamic agriculture since the 2001 campaign.
Training style: Guyot
Vineyard news: Ullage planted out. Earthing-up of the vines in winter. Spraying of nettle and rhubarb, horsetail, yarrow, tansy, comfrey tea during each treatment. Biodynamic preparation of 500 and 501 at the end of the winter and of 501 in spring before the flower. Suckers removed in spring.
* Groupement d'Etude et de Suivi des Terroirs
For the first 680 years of this vineyard’s history, it was tended by the monks of Cîteaux, who planted the Clos de Vougeot and the majority of the neighbouring plots at the start of the 12th century. The Clos du Prieuré, like the others, was sold off at the end of the 18th century under the French Revolution.
The Clos du Prieuré (priory enclosure) belonged to the Benedictine Priory of the Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés in Paris, who owned land in the neighbouring parish of Gilly from the 11th century. As the Abbey of Cîteaux grew, conflicts with Saint-Germain-des-Prés were inevitable. In 1499 Jean de Cirey, Abbot of Cîteaux, after selling off part of the Abbey’s crockery, finally succeeded in paying off the debt to the Parisian Abbey, which was forced to accept some land near Melun in exchange for abandoning its rights at Gilly and Vougeot.